Herbed Red Potatoes Smothered in Garlic
The inspiration behind this recipe came from some garlic fries I once had. These are a bit healthier than french fries because they are baked. The herbs and paprika add extra flavor.
There are 235 calories per serving. Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||50 minutes|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place potatoes in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Evenly top potatoes with green onions.
- In a bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, basil, paprika, and thyme.
- Spoon butter mixture over potatoes.
- Loosely cover with foil. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- If you want to prepare these ahead of time, bake them about 20 minutes and toss in the fridge. Before dinner, throw them in the oven an additional 20 minutes, or until tender.
- If you’re extra crazy about garlic, don’t hesitate to add extra.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 235||Calories from Fat 90 (38%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|