Spicy Vegan Cream Cheese Spread
Ghost pepper sauce adds a kick to this creamy spread. This cream cheese spread is great for snacking. Take this along to your next potluck or serve at your next party.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||15 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||0 minutes|
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup Just Mayo or other vegan mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ghost pepper sauce
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella (Follow Your Heart and Trader Joe’s have good options)
- Beat cream cheese, mayo, garlic, black pepper, and ghost pepper sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Beat in scallions and cheese.
- Spread on crackers or vegetables.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Not a fan of spicy food? Reduce or eliminate ghost pepper sauce.
- Huge fan of spicy food? Increase ghost pepper sauce to taste.
- Want to try this with a splash of tomato? Drain a can of diced fire roasted tomatoes very well. I drained mine for an hour. Excess moisture will change the consistency of the cream cheese spread. After beating all other ingredients together, fold in desired amount of diced tomatoes. The tomatoes will add sweet and slightly acidic notes to the spread.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 8|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 137||Calories from Fat 108 (79%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|