Hearty Tomato and Kale Vegetable Soup
Kale, Cabbage, and cannellini beans come together in this recipe, topped with avocado. This soup will warm you up on a cold winter night. It only takes a few minutes to throw this soup together. For that reason, it finds its way to my dinner table often during the winter.
Each serving is 368 calories and has 39% of the recommended daily iron intake! Check out the nutritional information at the bottom of this page for more info.
|Total Time:||35 minutes|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
- 28 ounce can tomato purée
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounce can unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 leaves kale, torn into pieces
- 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients to pot. Heat for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Looking for a spicier version? Add a drop or two of ghost pepper sauce to your bowl. Stir well.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories368||Calories from Fat 126 (34%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Saturated Fat 2g||11%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your values may change depending on your calorie needs.The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated. They have not been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|