Sweet Roasted Acorn Squash
This recipe reminds me of my childhood bird. She loved squash prepared this way! It’s a rather simple recipe and is great to eat with a salad or simply as a standalone dessert.
Each serving has 95 calories.
Check out nutritional information here.
|Total Time:||1 hour 20 minutes|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 hour|
Click to open/close images
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt, optional
- Place squash in a baking pan, flesh side up. Cut an “x” into the flesh of the squash (deepness should be about half way to the skin). Pour water into pan.
- Spread butter over flesh of squash. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until softened, about 45-60 minutes.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Vegans, ensure you select a sugar that isn’t filtered through bone char
- If you’re in a hurry, try this in the microwave. Cover with paper towel in case of splatter. Reduce cook time to 5-10 minutes or until done, checking periodically to see if done.