Zucchini Parmesan is an excellent option for anyone that loves zucchini. It’s easier than eggplant Parmesan and just as wonderful!
Each serving is 304 calories.
Check out nutritional information at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||55 minutes|
|Prep Time:||30 minutes|
|Cook time:||25 minutes|
Click to open/close images
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onions, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, heated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut each zucchini down the center so that you essentially turn two zucchini into four, then slice each half long-ways.
- Dip zucchini into egg and then into bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté onions for one minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until onions and mushrooms are tender.
- Spread a layer of spaghetti sauce mixture on bottom of 9×9 baking dish, top with a layer of onion and mushroom mixture, a layer of zucchini, and a layer of cheese. Repeat until ingredients are gone.
- Place baking dish in oven, uncovered, for 5-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Vegans, use flax gel in place of egg, vegan-friendly panko bread crumbs, and omit the cheese or use a vegan-friendly variety, such as Daiya.
- I cut my zucchini about 1/4 inch thick and ended up with two layers.
- The trick to dipping the zucchini without getting your egg full of bread crumbs or your bread crumbs full of egg is to use one hand for the egg, let excess egg drip off before dropping it into the bread crumbs. Use the other hand for the bread crumbs.
- If you choose a hearty spaghetti sauce, you can eliminate the onions and mushrooms to cut down on time. Though the more mushrooms the better, in my opinion!
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 304||Calories from Fat 117 (38%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||23%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|