Cinnamon Apple Rings
If apple picking yielded more apples than you know what to do with, you’ve come to the right place. Cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg add a savory flavor to apples in this simple recipe.
Each serving has 183 calories.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||20 minutes|
|Prep Time:||8 minutes|
|Cook time:||12 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound red cooking apples, cored and sliced
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients (except apples) to skillet and stir.
- Reduce heat and add apples to sugar mixture and simmer until tender (about ten minutes), flipping halfway through the cooking process.
- Tastes great hot or cold.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Please eat sugary foods, such as this, only in moderation. Your body will thank you!
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 183||Calories from Fat 27 (15%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|