With the fall and apple picking season underway, it’s time to heat up the oven and make apple crisp. Apple crisp is simple to make and yet always sensational.
Each serving is 279 calories.
Check out additional nutritional information at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||1 hour|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||40 minutes|
Click to open/close images
- 6 apples cored and sliced (peeled if desired)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter, cut into quarter-inch pieces
- Spray 8″ oven-safe pan with cooking spray. Spread apples evenly in the pan.
- In a bowl, combine vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Goes well with tart apples, such as granny smith.
- Add chopped nuts to flour mixture, if desired.
- For a healthier version, use quinoa flour rather than all-purpose flour.
Click here for nutritional information.
Servings per batch 8
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 277||Calories from Fat 99 (36%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|