Zucchini Bites Topped with Avocado and Mozzarella
Instead of topping crackers, why not top zucchini slices? Not only are zucchini bites lower in calories and super fresh, but they’re also fancy! And if your snack isn’t fancy, why bother?
This is an excellent option to serve at a party and very quick to prepare.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||20 minutes|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||0 minutes|
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1 large avocado, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 slices vegan mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 inch triangles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Top each zucchini slice with a slice of avocado, a triangle of cheese, a drop of olive oil, and a dusting of garlic powder.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- For a lower calorie version with a kick, substitute the garlic powder and olive oil with a drizzle of hot pepper sauce.
- If you can’t find vegan mozzarella, look for vegan provolone. Otherwise, leave off the cheese and you’ll still have an enjoyable snack.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 8|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 158||Calories from Fat 63 (40%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|