Lemon Honey Tofu Sandwiches
Tofu is baked in lemon and honey and then placed on ciabatta rolls and topped with romaine lettuce, avocado, and tomato in this recipe. Modifications for a vegan-friendly version are mentioned below in the notes.
Check out nutritional information at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||50 minutes|
|Prep Time:||30 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
Click to open/close images
- 14 ounces tofu, pressed and sliced into eight 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ciabatta sandwich rolls or Kaiser rolls
- 4 tablespoons spicy mayonnaise
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices avocado
- In a bowl, stir honey, lemon juice, and garlic. Place tofu in a baking dish and spoon honey mixture over tofu.
- Bake tofu at 475 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Spread mayo onto bottom halves of rolls and place 2 slices of tofu side-by-side over mayo. Top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and the top halves of the rolls.
- This sandwich is loaded with nutrients, but also higher than most of my recipes in calories and carbs. If you’re watching your weight, eat a half sandwich with a salad.
- I found sliced red onions are an excellent addition to this sandwich. Experiment with other toppings if you have them on hand.
- Vegans: use Bee Free Honee or agave nectar in place of traditional honey. Try a vegan mayo, such as Earth Balance mayo or Vegenaise, in place of egg-based mayo.
Click here for nutritional information.
Servings per batch 4
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 549||Calories from Fat 207 (38%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 9g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 72g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 18g||72%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|