Poblano peppers, spinach, and cilantro bring green and flavor to this side dish. Switch things up and serve this in place of Spanish rice.
Each serving is 59 calories.
Check out nutritional information at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||40 minutes|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
Click to open/close images
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 poblano chili peppers, seeded and stems removed
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 scallions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice
- Add broth, poblano peppers, spinach, and cilantro to a blender and blend for a few seconds, or until smooth.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add scallions, garlic, and rice to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until water has absorbed.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- If poblano is too spicy for you, try using green peppers.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 8|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 59||Calories from Fat 18 (31%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|