Spicy Baked Zucchini Strips
This is a simple recipe that turns zucchini into a delightful crunchy snack. Try these with garlic aioli, as pictured.
One serving is 73 calories.
Check out nutritional information at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||30 minutes|
|Prep Time:||16 minutes|
|Cook time:||14 minutes|
Click to open/close images
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 zucchini, cut into 2-3″ strips
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white and milk together.
- Dip zucchini in egg mixture, then in bread crumb mixture and place in single layer on baking pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, peel side down.
- Broil for 2-4 minutes, or until crispy.
- For a vegan-friendly version, omit the cheese, use vegan-friendly bread crumbs, and substitute egg white with flax gel.
- This has a hint of spice, as written. If you love spice, increase the spices to taste.
- Panko bread crumbs are bread crumbs without the crust. They result in a crunchier coating.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 8|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 73||Calories from Fat 18 (25%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|