Grilled Herbed Corn on the Cob
The best corn on the cob I’ve eaten was at a random street stand when I was young. Though it’s been a long time, I remember they used herbs and cooked it on a grill in its husk. At the ripe age of 7 (or however old I was), I didn’t think to demand their recipe. Not to fret, I’ve devised one of my own.
Each serving is 260 calories.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||30 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pull corn husks down, but don’t fully remove. Remove silk and rinse.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture over corn. Pull corn husks back over corn. Using your hands, wet husks with water. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Cook corn over a grill at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- No grill? No problem. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Love loads of butter and flavor? Double the butter and herbs to use as a spread at the table. Don’t feel too guilty about it, a lot of the butter melts off during grilling.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 367||Calories from Fat 117 (32%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|