Quinoa Blueberry Pancakes
Quinoa flour takes center stage in these pancakes. Quinoa is packed with nutrients, so why not create healthier pancakes with it? I couldn’t think of a reason. The quinoa flavor is somewhat pronounced in the first bite or two. After that, I didn’t notice it (how magical) and found these quite delicious.
|Total Time:||20 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||5 minutes|
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- Vegan substitute for 1 egg, prepared according to package (such as EnerG egg replacer)
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cup (about 6 ounces) blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir butter, egg substitute, almond milk, and vanilla until mixed.
- Pour butter mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased, preheated skillet and cook each side until lightly browned.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- If you use frozen blueberries, allow them to thaw before adding to the batter.
- Another great egg substitute is flax gel