Cheesy Pasta Bake
This dish is an excellent option when you have a tight schedule. It takes less than an hour from start to finish. Throw in other vegetables if you have them on hand. Zucchini and spinach would be excellent additions.
If you’re vegan, check out the notes for modifications.
One serving is 216 calories.
Check out nutritional information at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||40 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||25 minutes|
Click to open/close images
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In an oven-proof skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Stir tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, oregano, and pepper into onion mixture and heat for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Stir pasta into tomato mixture. Top with cheese and bake uncovered at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, transfer pasta mixture to a baking dish. Top with cheese and bake.
- Vegans, use a vegan cheese and confirm the pasta is vegan-friendly.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 216||Calories from Fat 63.9 (30%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7.1g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||16%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|