Shiitake and Roasted Cippolini in White Wine Pasta
Shiitake mushrooms and cippolini onions pair together beautifully and are complemented by white wine, spinach, and grape tomatoes in this savory pasta dish.
One servings is 338 calories and loaded with nutrition.
Check out additional nutritional information at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Prep Time:||30 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 hour|
Click to open/close images
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 8 ounces cippolini (or cipolline) onions, peeled and stems removed
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon white wine, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 heaping cups fresh spinach
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a baking pan, toss onions in olive oil, 1 tablespoon white wine, and rosemary. Spread into single layer.
- Bake onion mixture at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until onions are tender and tomatoes are heated.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add spinach and stir.
- When spinach has cooked down, stir mushrooms, remaining wine, broth, thyme, black pepper, and salt into skillet. Saute until liquid reduces by half.
- Add onion and tomato mixture and pasta to spinach mixture and toss to coat.
- See how to easily peel small onions here.
- Choose a low-sodium vegetable broth for a healthier dish.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 338||Calories from Fat 77.4 (23%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 8.6g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||13%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.7g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|