Cinnamon Apple Quinoa
If you are looking for a healthy breakfast option, this is for you.
This recipe consists of only four ingredients that you may already have on hand. It pulls together in a couple easy steps.
One serving is 194 calories.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||25 minutes|
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, cubed
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Coconut milk is a great addition to this recipe.
- If you want to sweeten your recipe, try using maple syrup or agave.
- Top with sliced almonds and berries for more flavor and nutrients.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 194||Calories from Fat 24.3 (13%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2.7g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.5g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|