My mother used this cookie frosting recipe when I was young(er), and I still love it. This frosting is especially great on butter cookies.
The flavor can easily be modified by using various flavoring extracts. My favorite combination is half vanilla extract and half almond extract.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||7 minutes|
|Prep Time:||7 minutes|
|Cook time:||0 minutes|
|Yields:||Frosts approximately 50-100 cookies, depending on size|
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3 teaspoons flavoring (vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon extract, etc.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- food coloring, optional
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add flavorings and salt. Mix well.
- Add sugar and beat until combined (will be thick).
- Add milk (a tablespoon at a time) and beat until spreadable.
- If desired, add food coloring.
- Frost cookies and add desired sprinkles, etc.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- This cookie frosting on butter cookies is irresistible… careful not to eat too many!
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 50|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 53||Calories from Fat 18 (34%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|