This recipe will spice up your oatmeal in a relatively healthy way. It is also a great way to use extra pumpkin.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||25 minutes|
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 7 ounces pumpkin purée
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine everything except walnuts in a saucepan and stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until done, stirring several times.
- Top with chopped walnuts before serving.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Good add-in options include raisins, cubed apples, and dried cranberries. Just add them to the pot with the other ingredients.
- Other topping ideas: sliced almonds, chopped pecans, roasted pumpkin seeds, almond milk or coconut cream, maple syrup, brown sugar.
- Looking for ways to use up extra pumpkin purée you have on hand? Try this delicious pumpkin pancake recipe or this pumpkin cheese bread recipe.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 294||Calories from Fat 115.2 (39%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12.8g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.9g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|