Tis the season for pumpkin deliciousness. You can sneak pumpkin into many recipes, including pancakes. I’ve simplified things in this recipe by using a pre-made baking mix. If you love pumpkin pie, you will love these pancakes.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||20 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||5 minutes|
- 12 ounce can evaporated coconut milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Vegan substitute for 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat the evaporated coconut milk, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, egg substitute, oil, and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredient mixture into pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Drop by 1/4 cupful onto greased, preheated skillet and cook each side until lightly browned.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- To simplify things further, substitute the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- If you don’t have evaporated coconut milk on hand, substitute with almond milk.
- If you don’t have egg substitute on hand, use 1/4 cup of applesauce. Alternatively, you could use flax gel.
- Leftover puree? Try using it in pumpkin oatmeal or try some delicious pumpkin cheese bread.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 354||Calories from Fat 126 (36%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Trans Fat 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|