Healtheir Corn Muffins
It is getting cooler with winter right around the corner, making it the perfect time to cook a pot of chili. Corn muffins are a great addition to any chili dinner. With the holidays sneaking up on us, we’ll be eating plenty of less-healthy options, so I figured it would be appropriate if these corn muffins were made a bit healthier. This recipe whips up quickly and uses many ingredients you may already have on hand.
Each muffin is 127 calories. Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||30 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 vegan egg replacement, prepared according to package
- Prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray and dusting with flour, or place paper muffin cups in pan.
- Add milk and vinegar to bowl and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients to a separate bowl and stir.
- Add milk and remaining wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until toothpick comes out clean, about 12-16 minutes.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- If you don’t have egg replacement on hand, check out this flax gel recipe.
- A couple common egg replacement brands to choose from are EnerG and Vegg.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 12|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 127||Calories from Fat 45 (35%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|