Holiday Snack Mix
I love the holiday season and am always eager to kick it off. Is October too soon? Not according to the Christmas display I witnessed in a department store at the end of September! Perhaps I won’t break out the Christmas tunes just yet, but I’ll gladly let the holiday season sneak into the kitchen. The first on my list this year was holiday snack mix. Like any holiday affiliated edible, snack mix is so good I could eat it all year… but it is important I reserve it for the holidays or a button would pop off my pants. Never mind that the holiday season takes up a quarter of the year for me.
When I was young, every year during the holiday season a friend of the family made enough snack mix to fill central park. She would strategically place large tins of the snack mix throughout her house, making it so you were only feet away regardless of which room you found yourself. It was quite convenient for her visitors. There are now many more snack mix recipes available than there were back then. I am adding my take to the offerings.
This recipe was adapted from The Orignial Chex Party Mix recipe.
Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 hour|
- 9 cups vegan cereal squares (wheat, rice, corn, etc.)
- 2 cups Earth Balance cheese crackers
- 10 ounces mixed nuts
- 5 tablespoons Earth Balance butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine cereal, crackers, and nuts in a large roasting pan and stir.
- Stir remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture one tablespoon at a time, mixing well each time.
- Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour. Stir every 15 minutes. Spread mixture onto cookie sheets or paper towels and cool.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Store in airtight container.
- If you can’t find vegan Worcestershire sauce, you can make your own with ingredients you may already have on hand.
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 48|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 106||Calories from Fat 36 (34%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|