Vegan Egg Drop Soup
I love this egg drop soup recipe (or should I say eggless) because it is quite simple without compromising taste. It’s a great go-to soup when I’m feeling under the weather. Let’s not forget – it contains no animal products, which means no cholesterol! Woohoo! (You’re welcome, body!)
Each bowl contains 66 calories. Check out the nutritional information section at the bottom of this page.
|Total Time:||15 minutes|
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk VeganEgg and water together and set aside.
- Add vegetable broth and salt to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk corn starch and water together. Whisk into boiling broth.
- Turn heat off and quickly whisk VeganEgg into broth. Flavor with pepper.
- Pour into bowls and top with scallions.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- If you’re looking for other uses for VeganEgg, check out this vegan egg foo young recipe. I mean… cholesterol-free egg foo young? Yes, please!
Click here for nutritional information.
|Servings per batch 2|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 66||Calories from Fat 9 (14%)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|